Des Moines Renaissance Faire Food and Drink
Last Updated: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 6:43 PM
Please note, the list of food items varies from year to year. This page contains items that have been present in past years, but may change for the 2014 season.
Our royal food court features many types of food and drink. Several taverns will also serve beers, wines and other drinks. Here is a listing of our current food vendors as well as some of the food items they offer.
|British Kitchen - Pasties, Scotch eggs, fish and chips, cookies, water, pop, and Monster.|
Bavarian Cafe - Brats, wiener schnitzl, sauerkraut, patao salad, as well as schnaps and German beir like Spaten Oktoberfest, Warsteiner Pilsner and, new to the state of Iowa, Latin King Brewery Exil Hanna Hefe Weizen.
|Bud's Home Made Root Beer - Serving home made root beer and cream soda.|
Eatabuncha Nuts - Cinnamon roasted nuts, glass flowers & bubble wands.
Royal Kettle Corn - popcorn and snow cones.
|Italian Palazzo (new location) - pasta with meat sauce or Alfredo, garlic bread, Caesar salad, and soft drinks.|
|House of Legs - Giant turkey legs roasted to perfection.|
|Humphrey's - Ye Ole Famous Funnel Cakes (plain or w/berries and cream), Fresh Squeezed Lemonade, and English Corn Dogs. The Humphrey family has been serving you the most delicious foods for many generations, while you watch them being made. Food items treat delight that will make you want to come again and again.|
|Lady Lana's - Located in the far back corner of the Children's Realm. Fairy floss (cotton candy), caramel apples (on a stick or sliced).|
|Off With Your Bread - Soup bowl (French Guillotine). Various soups served in (or not in) a bread bowl.|
Rum Boat - Hamburgers, curly fries, hot dogs, nachos, cookies, and rum drinks. Also, pop, water, and Monster.
Saucy Wench Tavern - new location, same great drinks and bawdiness.
Spartan Sandwiches - Gyros, vegetarian gyros, and wine by the glass.
NEW! Tuscany Wine Villa - Van Wijk Winery wines by the drink/bottle.
TBA (it's a secret... depending on if it will fit in this spot or not...)
|Two Wenches Coffee & Chocolate Shoppe - Located across from the castle just a few glancing minutes on ye olde watches, this quaint coffee and chocolate shoppe features a variety of flavored and iced or blended coffees, cappuccino, espresso, hot chocolate and Tazo hot teas. Chocolate covered strawberries, decadent homemade fudge, chocolate and caramel covered rice crispy bars, a turtle on a stick or a cool frozen chocolate dipped cheesecake make a perfect treat. Or enjoy a chicken or tuna pita sandwich.|
|Ye OldePizza Pies - Ah, Italia! Fresh pizza by the slice or the pie.|
- See also: Village Vendors
- This list contains some of the types of food items that have been available in past years... Since menus can change from year to year, if you are attending because of one very specific food item, please contact the producer to make sure it's actually going to be there for this season.
- Baked Potatoes
- Bread Bowl Soups - loaded potato, broccoli and cheese, chicken and rice
- Caramel Apples
- Ceasar Salad
- Chocolate - strawberries, gourmet desserts, etc.
- Corn Dogs
- Cotton Candy ("faery floss")
- Crepes (with ice cream, or as meat, salsa and cheese sauce)
- Curly Fries
- French Fries / Curly Fries
- Fish an chips
- Frozen cheesecake on a stick
- Fruits - apple, lemon, pineapple.
- Funnel Cakes
- Hot Dogs
- Kettle Corn
- Mozzarella Sticks
- Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
- Pita Sandwiches
- Pork Chop on a Stick
- Potato Chips
- Sausage Sandwiches
- Scotch Eggs
- Snow Cones
- Turkey Legs
- ...and much more.
- Apple Cider (cold and hot)
- Beer and Ale (Miller Lite, MGD, Boulevard Wheat, Newcastle Brown Ale, Guinness)
- Bottled Water
- Captain Morgan and Cola
- Coffee Drinks
- Cream Soda
- Home Made Root Beer
- Hot Chocolate
- Iowa Wines from Summerset Winery (6+ types)
- Lemonade and Strawberry Lemonade
- Root Beer (home made!)
- Smoothies (mango & strawberry)
- Sodas - 7-Up, Dr. Pepper, Diet Rite
- ...and much more.