Des Moines Renaissance Faire - Past News
Some front page news items that are no longer on the front page...
- 2/28: Be sure to listen to some interviews about this project.
- 3/12: The last scheduled round of auditions has been held. Callbacks will happen in coming months, and more auditions can be scheduled by contacting us.
- 3/19: New photos have been added (banquet hall construction update).
- 4/18: A preliminary lineup of entertainment for all three weekends will soon be posted. Also, the unveiling of our official logo.
- 5/2: The first weekend of entertainment has been announced (with more to be added). Check back each week as the site continues to expand with more details.
- 5/3: (April 29th) Here are the names of the winning team of students from Grandview College who won our graphic design contest, thusly, providing us with our fabulous logo, stationary package, ticket and poster design! Dulcia Hahn, Marie Procyk, Amanda Williams, Andrew Campbell, Marshelle Smith.
- 5/19: A mini renaissance event was held today for Des Moines area school children (and home schoolers). Hundreds (thousands?) took part, then a merchant meeting and Garb Fest was held later at Sleepy Hollow Sports Park. On the "Festival Park" construction site, framework for the first set of four merchant buildings is up, the banquet hall's roof is done, and the main stage Castle has gone vertical! Check out this photo of the castle over on AtTheFaire.com.
- 5/30: Welcome, event sponsors: Captain Morgan, Miller Beer, Gilcrest Hewitt, Polk County Bank, and Hy-Vee!