Des Moines Renaissance Faire Policies
- Pets (cats & dogs only, one per person) are welcome at the Des Moines Renaissance Faire for the ticket price of $3.00. You will be provided with a pet ID, which must be worn in clear view. (This does not apply to service animals.)
- Pet owners are required to clean up after their pets and dispose of waste in the designated receptacles.
- Dogs on the property must wear a muzzle at all times.
- All animals must have proof of shots – rabies, distemper and parvo. vaccinations within 3yrs (tags are sufficient).
- All pets must be leashed and under complete control at all times.
- Leashes may not exceed 4 ft.
- Aggressive behavior will not be tolerated.
- Pet owners are required to report any accident to the Fair Management personnel immediately.
- The Des Moines Renaissance Faire officials retain the right to refuse entrance to any pet considered dangerous or potentially dangerous.
- Each pet owner must sign a hold harmless agreement, releasing the the Des Moines Renaissance Faire and the cities of Des Moines and Pleasant Hill for pet owner’s negligence.
- If the pet owner fails to adhere to the aforementioned rules he/she may be requested to leave the Faire grounds without a refund.
- With the purchase of an admission ticket, you will receive a “Doggie Bag” containing a Pet ID tag, plastic bags and gloves. Pet owners are required to clean up after their pets and dispose of waste in the designated receptacles.
- All patrons must be at least 18 years to carry a weapon on site.
- Weapons may NOT be drawn at any time. If a weapon is drawn, the patron is subject to (but not limited to) loss of weapon, removal from the Renaissance Faire property and possible prosecution by the City of Des Moines.
- If a patron wishes to use a weapon for a special event (such as a wedding) this must be cleared in advance with the Des Moines Renaissance Faire officials including Festival Park President, Rick Flatt.
- This policy applies to anyone carrying a weapon in with them or anyone purchasing a weapon while at the Faire.
- Restricted Allowances (weapons of all types must be
completely sheathed and peace-tied at all times and may not be accessible
to the public):
- Swords, Knives, Dirks & Daggers – These weapons must be completely sheathed and peace-tied and may not be accessible to the public.
- Axes, Claymores & Maces are strongly discouraged.
- Claymores and Maces must be peace-tied to your person (strapped to your back, tied to your belt, etc).
- Bow & Arrows – Bows must be un-strung
and arrows tied to the quiver.
- Not Allowed:
- Antique Firearms (guns)
- Firearm replicas (toy guns)
- Pikes and Halberds
- Walking sticks
Definitions of Weaponry
- Sheath – a protective covering, usually of thick leather that protects the edge of the blade, the wearer and anyone near the weapon from damage. The sheath must cover the entire blade, not just the tip.
- Peace-tied – the
method of securing a weapon to the sheath, belt or body of the wearer.
If the weapon is not peace-tied upon arrival at the Faire a front gate
worker must peace-tie it for you.
Alcohol may not be brought onto the premises but may be purchased at the Faire.
Shirt and shoes are required of all guests at all times. Dressing in Renaissance garb is encouraged!
Parking & Personal Items
Our parking fee covers secured and patrolled parking, staffed by Sleepy Hollow personnel. However, we are not responsible for any lost items left in your car or brought in to the event.