Event Publicity for 2009
- July 2, 2009 - Des Moines Register's "Mark Your Calendar" mentions the event today.
- August 6, 2009 - Des Moines Register's "Mark Your Calendar" update.
- August 19, 2009 - THE CULTURE BUZZ - Wednesday, August 19, 2009 - 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Tune in to 99.1 on the FM dial or, Listen to KFMG streaming 24/7 through http://www.kfmg991.org
- September 1, 2009 - The Des Moines Renaissance Faire is one of the Des Moines Register's "13 ways to say goodbye to summer"...
- September 2, 2009 - One of the Vexing Vixens tells DM Juice "What I'm Into".
- September 3, 2009 - Des Moines Register's Guide to 2009 Des Moines Renaissance Faire.
- September 4, 2009 - Des Moines Regsiter says "Get over it: Food-on-a-stick days are gone" and speaks with one of the faire's new food merchants.
- September 4, 2009 - Sophia & Jess muse about the faire being one of "the best events."
- September 5, 2009 - Planned TV appearance around 8:30-9:00 on Channel 13 WHO TV.
- September 9, 2009 - Drake Digital News reports on "big crowds expected."
- Know of any others? Let the webmaster know!
Event Publicity for 2008
Here are some media mentions, as well as public appearances by festival volunteers, for this year:
- August 1 - Des Moines Register's "Best of August" mentions the event today.
- Ames Newspaper
- Boone Newspaper
- August 27 - Article in DM Juice.
- August 28 - Article and photos in Des Moines Register Datebook section.
- August 28 - Living Downtown Des Moines.
- August 30 - KCCI article and video.
- WOI ABC 5 video.
- Know of any others? Let the webmaster know!
Appearances (updated 07/07/2010 )
Come out and meet costumed characters and place your name into our free drawing for an "official" Des Moines Renaissance Faire Jousting Steed, courtesy of Games & More of Valley West Mall in West Des Moines.
- Tuesday, July 29, 2008
- Des Moines Public Library - Children's Renaissance Faire - 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
- Friday, August 1, 2008
- Clive After Five - 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Thursday, August 7, 2008
- Iowa State Fair Corn Dog World Record contest from 8:15 AM - 9:30 AM
- Ames Main Street - Noon until 1:00 PM
- Ames Public Library - 1:00 - 2:00 PM
- North Grand Mall - 2:00 PM - 2:45 PMAmes Farmer's Market 3:00 - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday, August 12, 2008
- Blank Children's Hospital - 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Thursday, August 14, 2008
- Boone Main Street - Noon until 1:00 PM
- Boone Scenic Valley Railway - 1:00 - 1:30 PM
- Boone Library - 1:30 - 2:30
- Boone Main Street - 2:30 - 3:00 PM
- Boone Farmer's Market 3:00 - 5:00 PM
- Saturday, August 16, 2008
- Ankeny Farmer's Market 9 - Noon
- Des Moines Farmer's Market 9 - Noon
- Tuesday, August 19, 2008
- Beaverdale Estates (Beaverdale-wide community event) - 12:45 - 1:45 PM
- Wednesday, August 20, 2008
- Kaleidoscope at the Hub - 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Thursday, August 21, 2008
- Valley Junction Farmer's Market - 5:00PM - 8:00 PM
- Saturday, August 23, 2008
- Valley West Mall, center court 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Friday, August 29, 2008
- Iowa Cubs Game - 6:00 PM - 7:15 PM
Event Publicity for 2007
- September 12 - Photos in the DM Juice and more photos on their website.
- September - Article in Des Moines Register Datebook this week.
- September 7 - Friday, Greg Schmidt of Festivals International (event producer) will be on the Preston Daniels radio show at 12:20.
- September 6 - Article in the Des Moines Register on the local Glastonbury Revelers.
- September 5 - Festival Park/Sleepy Hollow Sports Park owner, Rick Flatt, was on John Busbee's CUlture Buzz radio show on KFMG.
- September 5 - An article in DM Juice about opening weekend, featuring our own Tavern Wenches of Canterbury. See the video here! Or another video about the SCA here. Or another video here about the festival itself.
- September 1 - TV appearance on Today
in Iowa Saturday on WHO TV 13.
- August 29 - Article on Sleepy Hollow Sports Park's marketing guy, Max Kenkel, in DM Juice.
- August 29 - A Page 19 photo in DM Juice featuring some of our pirate crew.
- August 20 - New TV ads begin to run on WOI, WHO, KCCI, and Mediacom cable. You can see them, as well as some of the "un-aired" ads, below on this page.
- August 15 - Information kiosk opened at the Jordan Creek Town Center mall. It is located near the food court entrance (near the Cheesecake Factory entrance). It displays a video loop of Festival Park being constructed, and has brochures for the renaissance festival and other Sleepy Hollow Sports Park events. The booth will also be staffed several days each week, often by costumed festival characters. Stop by and say hi!
- August - Hy-Vee stores begin offering discount tickets.
- August - Radio ads begin airing in surrounding markets,
- KLMJ/KQCR - Hampton
- KIOW - Forest City
- KLSS/KRIB/KYTC - Mason City
- KHBT - Humboldt
- KGLO - Mason City
- July - Full color posters began going up around Des Moines.
- Ad in the Cityview "Annual Manual."
TV Ads for 2007
Event Publicity for 2006
- June 17 - Des Moines Register article about Festival Park and the Des Moines Renaissance Faire.
- June-July - Promotional posters and flyers appear around town.
- July 10 - Des Moines Register article mentioning the Video Journals.
- August 8-20 - Sleepy Hollow Sports Park has a booth in the Varied Industry Building at the Iowa State Fair to promote the Des Moines Renaissance Faire.
- August 9 - Des Moines Register article on Sleepy Hollow Sports Park and the renaissance faire.
- August 14 - TV ad begins on KCCI and KIOA
- August 16 - TV ad begins on various cable channels.
- August 21 - TV ad begins on WHO.
- August 29 - The Des Moines Register Juice mentions the event as "something to do."
- August 30 - We made the cover of the Des Moines Cityview this week!
- August 31 - We were on WOI-TV (Channel 5) on Thursday around 11:45 a.m.
- August 31 - We made the Des Moines Register Datebook this week.
- Up Next: WHO-TV appearance around 8am on Saturday. Various radio interviews.
- September 2 - We're in the Des Moines Register (by SHIRLEY RAGSDALE)! And Omaha's Daily Nonpareil mentions the event, too! Many TV station updates tonight as well.
- September 3 - Des Moines Register (with photos this time).
- September 3 - "Iowa can now boast of an other-worldly escape that is sure to delight young and old alike." - John Busbee, ARTSCENE review of DMRF.
- September 5 - The DM Juice posted a short video tour of the festival, hosted by one of our roaming pirates. Thanks, Art!
- September 7 - The Daily Iowan has an article about the faire.
- September 12- A letter to the editor in today's Des Moines Register describes a visit to the DMRF.
- September 14 - The Des Moines Register's Six Pack lists the Romance weekend as something to do this weekend.
TV Ads for 2006
Watch our TV ads online (via YouTube.com).